Montag, 29. April 2013

Vappu Shooting

It was not planned to make a 2nd shooting but we thought that an extra scene would make the story more complete.We figgured this out while we did the first raw-cut and synchronized it with the spoken text. Nina, LeighAnn and Nathalie worked really hard on getting the lyrics right. 
They have to have the right length and must be easy to understand but have niveau at the same time. It took us a while because we were not sure if we should make the text or the cut first. I gave the girls my rawcut to work on and while the others will be in Russia Ill continue with the cuttingprocess.

In the missing scene we did today we shoot a VappuCelebration. It tooks place at the stone you can see in another scene in the video. A couple is sitting there in their student overall and with their a-level-hat and celebrating Vappu. Vappu is a holiday that the fins celebrate on the 30th of april and 1st of may. I liked the double meaning the girls had in mind. You have the memory factory on the one side but also the heritage factor on the other. Those who know Vappu can figgure out the traditions and clothes performed and shown in the scene.

The scene shall be some sort of memory that give a personal touch to a normal tourist sight. I think I'll use a soft overlay to highlight the memoryprocess...maybe also another colorkey would underline this effect nicely as well. Not sure how I can do this. Maybe I can ask Clemens or Shirin how to do.
I usually hate to be infront of the camera but it this case it was alright. I played one of the Vappu celebrating students. I wore the overall of LeighAnns husband Will. Was a kind of nice feeling. LeighAnn also organized lots of material for the scene like a bottle of champagne, glasses and some "fake-booze". Nina replaced myself behind the camera and directed this scene. 


 
I think its maybe good to change the roles sometimes to get a feeling for the different aspects of producing media. Don't be confused cause you see Nina on the photos. She showed me how the scene shall look like. 

 I think I ll really miss the others while they are in Russia but it will be also nice to have a bit of time for university and finish some projects. I also like to finish some other videos I made a loooong time ago and were unable to cut them since then. :)



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen