Mittwoch, 15. Mai 2013

My Pori is...

Its kind of a strange feeling when you are travelling to a city you don't really know but when you told people about it their reaction was quite negative. Even if you want or not this conversations stay in your mind and influence your way of seeing a city. I  had also analyzed the "Mu Pori u kaunis" page which was a project to erase the bad impression people have about the city.You start to walk around and pick out the ugly places.

There were many buildings which doesnt look "breathtaking" at all. But when we passed the church this impression changed a bit. Also the building of the university looked really nice to me. I think its a brilliant idea to recycle an old building in this way.

The presentation about the university was not so interesting. I would have preferred to have a walk around and get an idea of how they integrated the university into the cottonmill. I got the impression that the university is a very international thing with cooperations worldwide but on the other hand it doesnt seem so friendly for international students cause they offer hardly any courses in english.
I was really glad about our "babysitter/guide/great accompany" Nana which showed us where to have nice lunch and guided us later on through the city.
The presentation was something some of the others really worried about. They drove me a bit mad with their behaviour of selfblaming etc....no matter I think everybody did a good job. I was glad that we had an audience. Its always a bit lame to present your project to the same single person again and again. What was even better was the fact that we had a skilled audience. Their questions and comments really brought us forward to think in other directions as well. We had considered some points they mentioned before but it was good to have qualified answers from people who work in the same field of study or in the culture sector.

Ill go into detail in another post I think otherwise this post would get incredibly long. After the presentation we (incl Nana) went to the city and had a look at the church. Awesome. Okay its really easy to make me happy...just send me with my fisheye into a church and place some nice lightressources there. But the church in Pori was really nice. I also liked that we were allowed to go to the first floor and to stand closely to the organ. Magnificent instrument. I also really liked the statues infront of the church.

Unfortunately the weather became quite windy and rainy and so we went ahead to a nice café. We met a friend of Nana who was one of the heads behind "Mu Pori u kaunis". A bit of a courious situation because we had talked about this project before and I even did an analyze about it. But then I decided to share my thoughts with this guy and that was really good. I got a deeper inside view and also the guy(too bad I forgot his name...Im really sorry) seems to profit from my thoughts about the project.

So in this case the trip to Pori was really fruitful to me. We got helpful feedback for our own project to work on with it and also were able to give another project some feedback and to help them thinking in new directions.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen