Samstag, 11. Mai 2013

Blood, Sweat and Tea

Im always underestimating the workload when it comes to videocut. Today Nina and I started early and I really mean early. 8 a.m. on a saturday morning. Just a tea and quick breakfast before I head over to Ninas place. I brought my laptop with me and so we had the chance to work together simultaneously on two computers. Nina had the idea of working together, which was a brilliant one. 

I had prepared and organized the graphics the other had made into a good order so that I would easily find them today. Nina worked on our blog while I spend hours on cursing the software and switchings scences all around. From time to time  I asked her for advice. She gave me good feedback and so we really made it together today. Its really helpful to have a second opinion when you stuck in some point and don't know how to continue. Sometimes the new ideas really bother you cause you already spend so much time on the previous version but in the end the result is worth it.
I think thats the advantage of working together in one place. Immediate feedback is a good thing. It might take more time till you end up with a solution that both of you like but I think its less time then on working alone and the present it to someone else. You work hard on a version you like and think that its good enought but you dont get some essential points and forgot about some other things and have to redo it anyway. 

Somewhere around lunchtime we were done. We left the computer at Ninas place because it would take quite some time for the export of the video data into a format that can be viewed in normal programms. The endfile had about 880 MB in AVI. For the youtubeversion I transformed it into MPG4 which has only 110 MB. The upload was quick and I could share the link with the others.

Nina and I also reflected the whole videoprogress a bit. It was hard for us to combine text and video sequences with the graphs. Everybody was waiting for the other parts ...nobody wanted to say...we have to do things like this and take over control. You can see this in a good or bad way. Its good to seperate the work. Its more comfortable for everyone and everybody can do what s/he's best in. It has also disadvantages when the workflow stucks because the smaller groups or single person don't know how to go on because they have to wait till someone else has done his/her part of work. I think the only solution is communication. We met quite often to figure out the weakpoints and also encourage each other by highlightening the results so far. I could go on for a while but it was a exhausting morning and after my thrid cup of tea today I ll have a short nap...But I wont leave you with lot of blabla about videocutting alone..

please prepare the drums for a great drumroll and prepare your fingers for a click on the "LIKE"button.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy6KC9hhX5U

----seems that there is an error right now...will add the video later

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen