Mittwoch, 27. März 2013

SkypeSession

We had a Skypemeeting today. I had no real high expectations concerning that meeting. I was wrong it was quite good. I was a bit a bit confused and behaved like a fool in my eyes. I was unable to answer the first questions of the professor. But since I have great coursemates they gave me another chance.

The professor asked what we have done, what we have learned so far and what are our aims for the porjetct and the difficulties we had.

I did..
  • benchmarking about cultural heritage sites on Facebook
  • reading Chapter 9 of the Social Media book - presented it to the others and wrote a summary
  • research paper about tourism photography - presented and summed up
  • analyze the "Mu Pori o kaunis" page and write a summary about it
  • create a Prezi about our current Step in the working process
 I learned to look for different social media tools who fullfill my needs. There are so many available and its worth trying out new ones. We thought about using tumblr for our project but in some way wordpress seemed to be the better option. It has a better structure and is in my eyes easier to handle and guarantees an better overview to the visitor of the page.
I also gained some experience through the groupwork. It was really hard to handle all this perspectives in the beginning but after lot of talkings we made it or at least we are on a good way. It was never so hard for me to be part of a groupproject and the others had the same feeling. Maybe it had to do with the unknown freedom we had. Usually someone - the teacher/professor - tells you what he/she is expecting from you and what shall be the outcome. I guess we whined a bit about being lost with so little information but right today I got the feeling that we made it on our own. That is a quite good one and I were a bit proud of us as group. I think that we are a great team not only cause we solved our troubles ourselves but also cause we are so different and can gain from this different perspectives about the same theme.

We are no nearly done with the theoretical background and can look forward to the "fun things" like making the video. I got some experience in video-making so  I hope that we can benefit from that knowledge.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen