Freitag, 8. März 2013

Chapter Presentatiion

We met at Cafe Art again. It is a really nice place. You can easily book a room for your own without any charges. They have nice drinks and cakes and always a good and tasty salmon bread for Thomas :)

After having a little breakfast we started. LeighAnn made a little Prezi Presentation. It was really cute and reminded me a bit on creepy victorian pictures in Tim Burton style. I fitted nicely to the ghost metaphor the author of her text was using. 

I was next and told the others a bit of my chapter. It was about photography and the use of photography concerning cultural heritage. In my eyes it was a really generall introduction to the theme but it was okay.

Nati and Nina had similar topics about participation of the visitors in museums. They highlighted the importance of involve the visitors to make the exhibition attractive to them. Concerning social media they told us that its not only important to be representative in social media but also use them in exhibitions in some way. I liked a term for "digital born" people...I guess I can't really remember it but I liked it maybe because Im one of this digital people who raised up with computers and internet.

Thomas theme was about norwegian boots of the vikings and their reconstruction and how this process can be tracked for future generations and also for social media. But we all agreed that this is a quite difficult project and the way of documentation really relies on what is the result. A short video for a youtubecommunity which must be interesting or a long, very detailed video to document the craft for future generations. 

Later on we talked about our groupproject. The next meeting is sheduled for tuesday and we said that we want to focus on the city Turku and a cultural tracker. I ll check out the "my pori is so beautiful" page on Facebook to see how it works and what we could use for our project.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen